- Why Brita®
- Using Your Brita
- Shop Now
- Contact Us
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Beginning at 12:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 27, 2012 through 11:59 pm PT on May 1, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”), visit www.filterforgood.com, click on the icon for the “Brita® FilterforGood® Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game” and follow the onscreen instructions to first join by creating an account (if you haven’t already) or login. On your first visit only you can enter the sweepstakes and you will be asked which Grand Prize drawing your entry should be included in from one of the following: drawing for a chance to win a Trip for 2 to winner’s choice of a Live Nation Event from Sponsor specified list (see Rule 4 for destinations and dates, subject to availability) OR drawing for a chance to win a stay at The Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu, CA. After entering the sweepstakes you will then be prompted to play the Instant Win Game. There will be a total of 185 winning moments at randomly selected moments throughout the Promotion Period. If you are the first to play at a randomly selected winning moment, as determined and verified by Judges, or immediately after such moment, as determined and verified by Judges, if no one plays at such moment, you will receive an instant win message stating the prize potentially won and instructions on how to redeem the prize (including prize claim deadline), subject to verification of eligibility, game play and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. If you receive a winning message, follow the on-screen instructions to claim your prize by the deadline indicated. You may return to www.filterforgood.com to play the Instant Win Game again; however, there is a limit of one (1) game play per email address/account/person per day and a limit of one (1) sweepstakes entry per email address/account/person for the duration of the Promotion Period. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one game play per day will void all plays and result in disqualification.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Promotions.com, LLC (“Judges”), TPN, The Biggest Loser, NBC, Live Nation, Critical Mass, Matter, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether related or not related, who are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the promotion. Void where prohibited. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: Grand Prize winners (one per each drawing) will be selected in random drawings on or about May 3, 2013 from among all eligible entries received for each drawing. Drawings will be conducted by Judges. Odds of winning any drawing will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified mail and/or phone and must sign any required Affidavit and Release within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any Grand Prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING: SWEEPSTAKES: Two (2) Grand Prizes (one of each of the following): One (1) Trip for winner and one guest to the Live Nation Event of winner’s choice from one of the following: Rock Festival at Harriet Island (June 23-24, 2013 in St. Paul, MN); Jamboree in the Hills (choice of 2 days during July 19-22, 2013 in Belmont, OH); Watershed (August 20-21, 2013 at The Gorge Amphitheatre in George, WA); or Music Midtown (September 21-22, 2013 in Piedmont Park, Atlanta). Trip consists of roundtrip coach class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s residence to destination city; 3 days/2 nights hotel accommodations (one room); roundtrip ground transportation between the airport/hotel and hotel/festival; two (2) tickets to the Event selected (subject to availability); and $300 in spending money. ARV: $3,900. One (1) Trip for winner and one guest to the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu, CA. Winner may choose dates between May 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013 (dates subject to availability and certain restrictions and blackouts dates may apply). Trip consists of roundtrip coach class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s residence to Los Angeles, CA; 8 days/7 nights accommodations (Sunday – Sunday) at The Biggest Loser Resort Malibu (one room, double occupancy); roundtrip ground transportation between the airport/resort; and $500 in American Express Gift Cards. ARV: $7,500. Each Grand Prize winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older, unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of the guest. Actual value of trip prizes will depend on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winners and their guests must be available to travel on dates designated or the trip will be automatically be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. All travel accommodations and arrangements at Sponsor’s discretion. INSTANT WIN GAME: Ten (10) First Prizes: 1-year (12 months) free membership to The Biggest Loser Club. Winner will receive a prize redemption code via email that he/she can use to redeem prize online at www.biggestloser.com. ARV: $240.00. Thirty five (35) Second Prizes: $50 Live Nation gift certificate redeemable at www.LiveNation.com. Gift certificate subject to terms and conditions of issuer and must be used by December 31, 2013, where applicable. ARV: $50. Twenty (20) Third Prizes: Bundle of The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook and The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook. ARV: $43.98. Forty (40) Fourth Prizes: Bundle of The Biggest Loser 30 Day Power X-train DVD and The Biggest Loser Power Ab Blast DVD. ARV: $23.96. Eighty (80) Fifth Prizes: The Biggest Loser Sports Anthem Workout Mix CD. ARV: $8.99. Total ARV of all prizes is $18,107.20. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed Instant Win Game Prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes and one (1) Instant Win Game prize per person. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend upon the actual number of eligible game plays received and the timing of the game plays.
5. Instant Win Game Winner Notification: Potential Instant Win Game prize winners will be notified onscreen at the time of the win and must follow any onscreen instructions to claim the prize. Prizes will then be mailed to winners 3 – 6 weeks following the date of the prize win. Failure to claim the prize as instructed, the return of any prizes/prize notifications as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner in a reasonable time period, or non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of prize.
6. GENERAL RULES: By participating, participants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By participating, participants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the promotion or use or redemption of a prize. By playing, entrant agrees to have his/her name used for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees’ to use winners’ names, likenesses, and biographical information for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, stolen, inaccurate, damaged, undelivered or delayed game plays, prize claims or emails; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding or by any human error or otherwise which may occur in the programming of this promotion, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the promotion, the processing of game plays or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this promotion or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If due to a computer programming, seeding, network or other error, more prizes of any prize level are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, prizes for that prize level will be awarded in a random drawing from among all valid and non-suspect eligible prize claims received for the prize at issue, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event will Sponsor or Promotion Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules. If, in the Judges' opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical difficulties or other causes compromise the integrity, administration or conduct of the promotion, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the promotion in a manner deemed reasonable by the Judges, at the Judges’ sole discretion. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online participant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the online registration form. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. CONDITIONS AND LIMITS OF LIABILITY: As a condition of participating in this promotion, each participant agrees: (1) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 3 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) this promotion is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a Court of competent jurisdiction located within the State of California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this promotion and in no event will participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees, or any other costs; and (4) participant shall be bound by these Official Rules.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For names of the major prize winners, available after June 3, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Brita FilterforGood Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game - WL, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after May 31, 2013 will not be honored.
SPONSOR: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612.