Watch and Learn
Faucet Filter System FAQs
How often should I change my filter?
It's important to change your filter regularly to maintain optimum performance. Users with hard water should increase frequency of filter changes. Activate your electronic filter change indicator or cling calendar when you install a new filter to help you keep track of your usage.
Brita® Pitchers and Dispensers:
Filter replacement depends on filter and pitcher type.
- Brita® Standard (White) Filter: every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
- Brita® Longlast (Blue) Filter: every 120 gallons (about 6 months)
- Brita® Stream (Gray) Filter: every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
- Brita® Water Bottles: Replace filter every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
- Brita® Faucet Water Filter Systems: Model OPFF-100: Replace filter every 94 gallons or 3 months. Model SAFF-100: Replace filter every 100 gallons or 4 months. Model FF-100: Replace filter every 100 gallons or 4 months.
How do I attach my Brita® Faucet Filtration System?1. Support the bottom of the filter system with one hand.2. Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the FilterReplacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup.3. Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard. Do not force the filter cartridge into the system base. Inserting the new filter cartridge automatically resets and activates the electronic Filter Replacement Indicator.4. A green signal will flash, indicating that the filter is engaged.
Where Can I Buy My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Please see our complete list of retailers or purchase online.
How Do I Prepare The Filter In My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Brita® Faucet Filter Systems don’t require soaking.
- Run water through the system for 5 minutes to flush out the system, activate the filter media and remove any carbon dust.
- The 100-gallon filter life† begins AFTER flushing for five minutes so you are not wasting filter life by the flushing process.
How Do I Change My Brita® Faucet Mount Filter?
- Press the filter cartridge release button located at the back of the filter cup and pull cartridge up to remove it
- Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the Filter Replacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup
- Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard
- Turn on the faucet to flush the new filter for 5 minutes to remove any carbon dust and activate the filter
Care & Maintenance
How do I clean my Brita® Faucet Filter?
If your faucet system hasn’t been used for several days, wet and reactivate the system’s filter by running water through the filter for 30 seconds.
Is my Brita BPA-free?
Yes, all Brita pitchers, bottles, faucet mounts, dispensers and filters are BPA-free.
Manuals & Warranties
Is my Brita under warranty?
We offer a 30-day, unconditional, 100% money-back guarantee on all Brita® Pitchers, Faucet Filter Systems, Water Bottles and Filters. If you’re having a problem with a Brita® Pitcher, Brita® Faucet or Brita® Bottle Filter, we’ve got you covered. Call 1-800-24-BRITA (US) or 1-800-387-6940 (Canada) for customer assistance.
Brita® Water Filtration Pitcher, Dispenser & Bottle Warranty
Limited Warranty: Brita® LP warrants to the consumer that FOR THE PERIOD OF NINETY (90) DAYS from the date of purchase, the BRITA® WATER FILTRATION PITCHER/DISPENSER/BOTTLE, when used strictly in accordance with instructions, has the effects on municipally treated, potable tap water described in the enclosed literature. During this 90-day period, if you discover that any parts of the pitcher or dispenser are damaged or broken, whether due to manufacturing, shipping or accidents while in use, we will replace the parts free of charge by calling 1-800-24-BRITA (U.S.) or 1-800-387-6940 (Canada). To the extent permitted by local law, this warranty is in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness, and precludes any other obligation on the part of the manufacturer, distributor or dealer, including any liability for special, incidental or consequential damages. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. In U.S.: Brita LP, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612-1888, 1-800-24-BRITA. In Canada: Brita® LP, 150 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4V3, 1-800-387-6940.
Where Can I Download A Faucet Product Manual?