Watch and Learn
Faucet Filter System FAQs
Where Can I Buy My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Please see our complete list of retailers or purchase online.
How Do I Prepare The Filter In My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Brita® Faucet Filter Systems don’t require soaking.
- Run water through the system for 5 minutes to flush out the system, activate the filter media and remove any carbon dust.
- The 100-gallon filter life† begins AFTER flushing for five minutes so you are not wasting filter life by the flushing process.
How Do I Change My Brita® Faucet Mount Filter?
- Press the filter cartridge release button located at the back of the filter cup and pull cartridge up to remove it
- Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the Filter Replacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup
- Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard
- Turn on the faucet to flush the new filter for 5 minutes to remove any carbon dust and activate the filter
How often should I change my filter?
It's important to change your filter regularly for optimal performance. If you have hard water, you may need to change filters more often. Use your cling calendar, or activate your electronic filter change indicator, when you install a new filter to help keep track of your usage. Filter replacement depends on filter and product type.
Pitcher and Dispenser Filters*
- Brita® Standard (White) Filter: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
- Brita® Longlast® (Blue) Filter: Every 120 gallons (about 6 months)
- Brita® Stream® (Gray) Filter: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
Bottles† and Faucet Filtration Systems*
- Brita® Water Bottles: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)†
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model OPFF-100: Ever 94 gallons (about 4 months).
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model SAFF-100: Every 100 gallons (about 4 months).
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model FF-100: Every 100 gallons (about 4 months).
Sign up with My Brita™ to receive filter replacement reminders, money-saving offers and exclusive rewards.
* Time estimates for Pitchers, Dispensers and Faucet Mount Systems are based on 11 glasses per day for an average household.
† Approximate timing for Brita® Water Bottles is based on 64 ounces per day.
How do I attach my Brita® Faucet Filtration System?1. Support the bottom of the filter system with one hand.2. Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the FilterReplacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup.3. Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard. Do not force the filter cartridge into the system base. Inserting the new filter cartridge automatically resets and activates the electronic Filter Replacement Indicator.4. A green signal will flash, indicating that the filter is engaged.
Care & Maintenance
How do I clean my Brita® Faucet Filter?
If your faucet system hasn’t been used for several days, wet and reactivate the system’s filter by running water through the filter for 30 seconds.
Is my Brita® BPA-free?
Manuals & Warranties
Is my Brita® under warranty?
We stand by our products and offer a 30-day unconditional 100% money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty in case your Brita® gets damaged. Your satisfaction is important to us, whether or not your Brita® product is under warranty. Visit our Help Page, or call 1-800-24-BRITA or 1-800-387-6940 (Canada) for support.
Where Can I Download A Faucet Product Manual?
How do I recycle?
Recycling is available in a limited capacity through Spring via our TerraCycle® partnership. While Brita® does not currently offer prepaid shipping labels for recycling, we recommend that you hold onto your used Brita® filters, and check back in July for updates to our program.
When is recycling open again?
We’re currently making improvements to our recycling program, and encouraging Brita® owners to hold onto their used Brita® items before sending them in. This small change will help significantly reduce the environmental strain caused by multiple shipments. We recommend collecting a minimum of 5 pounds (around 17 water filters) of used products before shipping. Starting in July, Brita® owners will be able to download one free shipping label per year.
How can I learn more about TerraCycle®?
Visit TerraCycle.com to learn more, and be sure to join the TerraCycle® Recycling Program to help us keep used Brita® products out of landfills.