Watch and Learn
Faucet Filter System FAQs
Where Can I Buy My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Please see our complete list of retailers or purchase online.
How Do I Prepare The Filter In My Brita® Faucet Filter System?
Brita® Faucet Filter Systems don’t require soaking.
- Run water through the system for 5 minutes to flush out the system, activate the filter media and remove any carbon dust.
- The 100-gallon filter life† begins AFTER flushing for five minutes so you are not wasting filter life by the flushing process.
How Do I Change My Brita® Faucet Mount Filter?
- Press the filter cartridge release button located at the back of the filter cup and pull cartridge up to remove it
- Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the Filter Replacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup
- Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard
- Turn on the faucet to flush the new filter for 5 minutes to remove any carbon dust and activate the filter
How often should I change my filter?
It's important to change your filter regularly for optimal performance. If you have hard water, you may need to change filters more often. Use your cling calendar, or activate your electronic filter change indicator, when you install a new filter to help keep track of your usage. Filter replacement depends on filter and product type.
Pitcher and Dispenser Filters*
- Brita® Standard (White) Filter: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
- Brita® Longlast® (Blue) Filter: Every 120 gallons (about 6 months)
- Brita® Stream® (Gray) Filter: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)
Bottles† and Faucet Filtration Systems*
- Brita® Water Bottles: Every 40 gallons (about 2 months)†
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model OPFF-100: Ever 94 gallons (about 4 months).
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model SAFF-100: Every 100 gallons (about 4 months).
- Brita® Faucet Filtration System Model FF-100: Every 100 gallons (about 4 months).
Sign up with My Brita™ to receive filter replacement reminders, money-saving offers and exclusive rewards.
* Time estimates for Pitchers, Dispensers and Faucet Mount Systems are based on 11 glasses per day for an average household.
† Approximate timing for Brita® Water Bottles is based on 64 ounces per day.
How do I attach my Brita® Faucet Filtration System?1. Support the bottom of the filter system with one hand.2. Align the insert groove on the lower part of the cartridge with the FilterReplacement Indicator at the front of the filter cup.3. Insert the filter cartridge into the filter cup until a “click” is heard. Do not force the filter cartridge into the system base. Inserting the new filter cartridge automatically resets and activates the electronic Filter Replacement Indicator.4. A green signal will flash, indicating that the filter is engaged.
Care & Maintenance
How do I clean my Brita® Faucet Filter?
If your faucet system hasn’t been used for several days, wet and reactivate the system’s filter by running water through the filter for 30 seconds.
Is my Brita® BPA-free?
Manuals & Warranties
Is my Brita® under warranty?
We stand by our products and offer a 30-day unconditional 100% money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty in case your Brita® gets damaged. Your satisfaction is important to us, whether or not your Brita® product is under warranty. Visit our Help Page, or call 1-800-24-BRITA or 1-800-387-6940 (Canada) for support.
Where Can I Download A Faucet Product Manual?
What can I send in through this program?
Can I only send Brita®-branded packaging?
Yes. Please only send in Brita® products and packaging through this program. Please refer to “What can I send in through this program” for the types of waste we accept. If you have questions about recycling, please contact Customer Service.
Does my shipment have to weigh a certain amount before I can send it in?
Please collect a minimum of 5 pounds (around 17 water filters) of used Brita® products before shipping. Keep in mind, you can also include other Brita® products such as pitchers and bottles. We will accept smaller shipments, but we encourage you to hold off on shipping used Brita® products until you collect at least 5 pounds. This will decrease the environmental impact of transportation from this program. We receive a large number of shipments, and this small change can make a big difference.
Do I need to clean the waste before I send it in?
No, we don’t require cleaning before sending in your Brita® products for recycling. However, please remember that UPS will not accept dripping packages, so be everything is dry prior to shipping.
Who is your recycling partner?
We’re proud to partner with TerraCycle, an award-winning, globally recognized company based in the U.S., to provide our consumers with recycling services. TerraCycle is Eliminating the Idea of Waste® by recycling the “nonrecyclable.”
How do I ship my Brita® filters and packaging?
Please collect a minimum of 5 pounds of used Brita® products before shipping (5 lbs. is about 17 water filters). Simply sign into your Brita® account and complete the shipping label request form found on the Brita® Recycling page. You’ll receive an email containing a unique UPS shipping label. Then, fill up a box or bag with used products, affix the label, and drop it off at any UPS location. Please note, TerraCycle Recycling programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT Alaska and Hawaii. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have programs running in those states soon.
What will TerraCycle do with the Brita® filters and packaging?
Once collected, the Brita® products and packaging are separated by composition and shredded to make new recycled products.
I'm having trouble getting my shipping label, what should I do?
The label email may get stuck in a spam folder, so check your spam or junk folder. The email will come from email@example.com. Also, please check that all fields are entered correctly in your contact info. If you still don’t receive your label, contact TerraCycle Customer Support at 1-866-967-6766. or firstname.lastname@example.org.